Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dream

I recently had the opportunity to read an advanced copy of a children's book Dream by Adam Montierth with illustrations by Adam Deveny. The message of the book fits with the motto I have had since high school, Never the difficult, Always the impossible. The book tells kids that anything is possible if you dream. Illustrations are colorful and catch the eye. At times the writing seems inconsistent with the age level of a picture book. I tried reading it to my 4-year old grandson and often found myself paraphrasing the author's words in order to redirect the attention back to the story.  However, the message did get across and spurred a conversation about what you can and can't do in life so all in all I would say that it is a good book.

1 comment:

  1. Good review... I think this book can be found at http://www.sortispublishing.com/Dream.html

    My 6 year old twins loved it.

    ReplyDelete