Friday, August 20, 2010

And the rain , rain, rain, came down

I feel like Pooh


or perhaps it is more of an Eeyore kind of feeling that is in the air. I watched the weather reports this afternoon and all claimed that the storms would pass north and south of Madison with some small breeze to cool the air. Imagine my surprise when I heard a whoosh, a thump. When I investigated  I discovered the wind was blowing quite strongly and had ripped the porch awning up off of its mooring. As I stood watching things blowing down the street the rain came in horizontal sheets. Cars were sending up waves of water toward the students who were just leaving the high school which is across the street. Some made a dash back toward the school while others simply took it in stride and continued on to their cars.

Now rain is the last thing that we need right now but I hold this slim hope that perhaps that there will be less moisture to come during the winter months!  :-)  One can hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment