Monday, June 25, 2012

Just to update since last posting: diagnosis for the swelling was correct as lymphedema and massage therapy (big smile) has been added to my weekly treatments. The massage therapist noted that I seemed to have a lot of extremely tender areas and after discussing this with Dr K, it was decided that I should have an MRI, which was done last week. The good part of that plan was the week free of treatments but if any of you have had an MRI performed you know that while it is not a painful procedure, it is an uncomfortable procedure. Imagine being inside a coffin-like machine with very little room, instructed not to move for about 45 minutes. During this time there is no sound except the occasional noise at the machines goes about its task. Time seemed to slow down and that 45 minutes was forever! I will get the results later this week when I go for my next treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment