Thursday, November 18, 2010

Underwire Perils

There are days when I want to go back to the wonderful days of the 60's and burn my bras, Especially those with an underwire! Not because of any theories regarding health but simply that I am tired of having the damn thing suddenly decide that rather than serving as a support it is a weapon. From somewhere a sharp spear emerges  and proceeds to stab a most delicate area. This usually happens when I am in a location that precludes reaching in to dislodge the offending spear. By the time I can do so discreetly there is at the least a red welt to mark the success of the attack. There have even been days of blood and bruises.

So why do I wear them? For years I have tried different styles and found that the underwire gives the best look under my garments.I give in to fashion and wear one much like the women who for years suffered with the corset. I know that one of these days I will give in to the urge to once more go bra-less once more but by then I will simply be considered "that eccentric old lady down the road".

As to the health issues, there has been no scientific research to prove or disprove any connection with cancer and the underwire. Allergic reactions are no more common than with any other  contact allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment