Thursday, January 12, 2012

Carbone Cancer Center

Yesterday I met with the doctors and staff at Carbone and was very impressed, not only with their knowledge, but with their understanding that each patient is more than a bar code on a wristband. As I went through each process during the 8-hour day I was asked about me, the person not the patient, and at the end of the day staff members felt like new friends who were in this with me.

The plan for now is to undergo robotic surgery on 2/20 and my lead surgeon is considered to be one of the best in the field. In the meantime I have a few things that I have been assigned to get accomplished. #1 Lose some weight as the surgery is more successful with patient with minimum body fat., #2 Get my RBC back up within normal range. So it looks like my big word for the next month is diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment