Thursday, January 12, 2012

No Passengers Allowed

When I was first out of school and into the workforce I found that I "needed" a car. I took $300 cash to the dealer and asked him what I could get for that amount. I drove home with a big white Pontiac that was soon dubbed "White Trash". WT served me well, never failing to start especially during the cold of Wisconsin winters and could plow through snow like a 4-wheel drive. WT had some issues; drivers door was wired shut and WT did not like to be shut down..requiring one to lift the hood and give him a whack before the engine would quit...but still he got me where I needed to go. Our Safety Engineer at work had put a sign on the window which declared "No passengers Allowed" (this was done in good fun???) and my dad cringed at every visit when he spied WT. Then came the day that my dad got me a deal on a new car and called to say that he was driving it up that weekend. On Friday night I drove home, pulled into the driveway and imagine my surprise when WT stopped, no whack needed..and refused to start again. Did I crush his heart? So sorry my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment