Monday, June 29, 2009

Do Over

Did you ever wish that you could have a "do over" of some event in your life? I thought about that with the end of my marriage...what if I could do it over, knowing what I know now, would I do so? My first reaction was that I would not have taken the relationship to that level but then I started remembering the good things about the marriage, namely three wonderful children.

One of my daughters wrote an essay for school about a person that she admired and I was pleased to find out that I was the subject of that essay. However, in the essay she lamented, for my sake, the life that I had given up in order to marry her father. I had to remind her that if I had made a different choice then she would not be here and because of that I thought it was one of the best choices I had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment