Saturday, June 27, 2009

King of Pop

Michael Jackson dead at age 50..too young..but not a surprise. I found myself going back and listening to some of his music that I had not listened to in years. And with that reaffirmed in my mind that he really was a musical genius and deserved the title King of Pop.

Those whose posts are flying off keyboards and dwell on the bizarre aspects of his life would do well to remember what he created in the world of entertainment. He never failed to deliver with his music. His appearance changes, while strange, were his choice (or due to medical reasons as some of have suggested) and the allegations made against him remained just that "allegations" and in this country we proclaim that a person is innocent until proven guilty. It is time that we did more than just pay lip service to that ideal of justice.

My personal opinion is that while misguided, his actions were those of a young man who did not make the social jump to adulthood but remained the "Peter Pan' and could be himself when around children. As for the parents who settled out of court, as a mother myself, if I truly believed that someone had molested my child, money would not buy my silence, so my belief in their allegations is just not there.

And so I hope that he can find peace in Neverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment