Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Joy of Books

Over the last few years I have read reports saying that the printed book would soon be a thing of the past and that readers would be content with the electronic book format. For me that is not true. Yes, I do read things online and have no problem with "disposable" print such a newspapers going to electronic format but I love my books. I love holding them, smelling that new book smell as I first open the pages, I enjoy the smell of that well-loved book as I visit it once more. It is an adventure to walk through the aisles of my local library or bookstore that no electronic media can match.

So to the Writers, Publishers, Bookstores, I say, don't forget us, your readers who so enjoy your words in the print on paper format!

No comments:

Post a Comment