Monday, July 2, 2012

What Cancer Can Not Do..

Last week I received a gift, a beautiful silver ring engraved with the words: "What Cancer Cannot Do...It cannot invade the soul, suppress memories, kill friendship, destroy peace, conquer the spirit, shatter hope, cripple love, corrode faith, steal eternal life, silence courage". It was a gift from a friend, a friend whom I have yet to meet in person, and came to know via Facebook and the six-degrees of separation found there. He is one of the many friends who have shown me a great deal of love and support as I fight my fight. They have given me courage and have "stood" beside me when I was feeling at my lowest. It is this kind of friendship that gives me hope for this world. There are many fights that can be won, not with the use of weapons, but with kindness. It has given me a new direction for my life's path.

No comments:

Post a Comment