Monday, July 2, 2012

Heat Wave

I do not like Air Conditioning as I find myself sneezing after being in it for any length of time and most places tend to set it too cold for me. For the last couple of days it has been hot here, right now it is 87, so from time to time I have been forced to turn it on. I use it to cool things down and then turn it off and with doors closed, the place stays relatively cool. We have not had any rain, or at least any that amounted to much, so the lawn is browning.(If we do not get rain in the next day or two I will hosed it down.) One of the benefits of the heat minus the rain has been the reduction of breeding grounds for the Wisconsin State "bird", better known as the mosquito.
Last week when I went in for my treatment, I was told that the MRI had shown a couple of areas of concern. Dr K said that it was not panic time but it did need to be investigated further. For about 10 years, I have been hearing from my primary that I should have a proctoscopic exam as part of my routine physical but I always found some reason not to have it done. Now I guess I have no further excuse and will have this performed in two weeks. After the treatment, a good friend showed up and brought me to his home, where i enjoyed a nice lunch by the lake and then took a nap in a hammock in the shade. What better way to spend the post-treatment afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment